Oh hey. How’s it going? I should probably mention that until I get on a roll, I’m a cruddy and sporadic blogger. Sry.
Anymahokie, not much really going on around here. Had to cut all my nails off – broke one pretty nastily, and can’t stand having one short one so I hacked them all off. I’m choosing to look at this as an opportunity to start fresh, and take fantastic care of them so they grow up awesome. I was pretty sour about the whole thing though, let me tell you.
I’m planning on getting things set up so I can take decent pictures of stuff this weekend. So you can see all the goodies I bring home! And my subscription boxes! Oh yay.
Getting awesome skin is my current project. I’m cleansing and exfoliating and slapping all kinds of masks and shit on it. Good times. Don’t come to my house after 8 PM, because I’ll probably have something weird on my face. My current fave is (oh, you’re gonna love this) a paste of orange juice and baking powder. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water. My skin felt like a million bucks and looked really clear afterwards. And I made a sugar scrub for my lips with coconut oil, honey and brown sugar. It tastes fantastic, and makes my lips so soft I want to kiss myself. Amazing how much better lipstick and gloss look when your lips are smooth. I thought I was just unlucky.
I really need to start using eye cream, so I’m hoping that I’ll get some samples in my subscription boxes coming up. Any recommendations?
Sweet dreams cupcakes xox
Sometimes I like to do bullet point posts. This is one of those times.
- I got my June Julep mystery box. I was just whelmed. The polishes are pretty. I got Morgan which is a grapey blue-purple shimmery business, and Lauren which is hot-ish pink/coral and looks rad on my toes. The other stuff – topcoat for hair and tingly lip-plumping gloss were alright. I like the topcoat well enough, but was pissy because I just shelled out 25 bucks for shine spray for my hair. The gloss is an okay colour, I’ll wear it, but I wouldn’t buy it on its own. If I’d paid $60 for it I probably wouldn’t have been too excited, but I feel like I got my money’s worth out of it for $19.
- I got a new camera. I’ll start posting pictures soon. Yeeeah.
- I used the polish remover wipes from my Glymm box. I got 7 nails out of one. If I hadn’t had glitter on, I may have had enough for the full 10.
- I got a pretty serious pile of nail stamping plates in the mail last week. I’ve got some polishes on the way too. Watch out world. My nails and I are coming.
- I found out that Picture Polish’s Monroe is a limited edition, and freaked out and bought it because OMG I WANT IT SO BAD AND IT MIGHT GO AWAY BEFORE I CAN GET IT. I am a marketing person’s dream. I hope it comes fast, before I decide I don’t really like it or something.